We have several tomatoes (about 12) that we transplanted (about 3 to a bucket) when they were seedlings that were bound to be transplanted again into hanging buckets when we had our supplies ready.
For over a month now, we have had said supplies and have not made the needed transplants. This has led us to many unhappy tomato plants, root-bound to their comrades, wilting and dying.
Yesterday, we finally got enough motivation to at least give up on some of those plants and pull them out of their tiny overcrowded tubs, allowing room for a single plant to try to make it.
On top of that, we also managed to get another two (for a total of three) tomatoes planted in the buckets for hanging!
Yeah for productivity! Let's see if any of those plants can get a new start!
As for the tomatoes in the side garden, they are all growing amazingly. Our two cherry tomato plants have something like 40 tomatoes a piece on them right now (not ready to eat but tiny and growing nonetheless). Altogether, I counted 119 baby tomatoes that have started so far (and 40 baby peppers)!