Though each member of the commune has a different idea of what the finished product should be like, there are some general concepts that get thrown around:
We'd like to:
- provide most of our own food from our garden (and eventually animals)
- use solar (and other efficient) power sources
- live frugally, but also sustainably
- make room for our multiple projects (everything from making and using hula hoops to building large shade structures and art works for Burn events to refurbishing old furniture to its original (or some other equally awesome) condition
- and love where we live (not just another rental, but a space that is ours).
Our first step is to start our garden.